Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Moving!

Ok everyone...Tomorrow's the big day! We'll be leaving Texas in our rear view once and for all...for now at least ;) Who knows where we may end up someday. But, as my husband put it, "We're heading for the Sunshine State of Florida!" (He's a big goof)
We have about a 13 hour drive to start tomorrow. We're only planning on going about 8hrs tomorrow, though. Once we get there, we'll be staying with a friend until Friday, when we can move into our new, bigger place! We will finally have somewhere to bring all our wedding gifts home to, somewhere to put the spare bed, besides the "dining room" aka, the other end of the living room. We'll be able to both be in the kitchen at the same time and we won't have to store a pot on the stovetop. We, including the kitty, I'm sure, are really excited, too, for out little screened porch. We are moving into a very nice place. And we're moving close to more friends. They are excited for us to be there. I'm going to be back in the company of girlfriends! I've really missed them. 2 of my bridesmaids will be within 45 minutes of us. It's good timing too. I've had some trouble Christmas shopping for my hubby with so few friends around and only 1 car between us. We hang out together all the time! I do, however, now, have plenty of gift ideas.
Our parents are excited, also, for us to be closer to them. We will also be in the city my parents lived in when they first got married. I know my mom is looking forward to visiting us there. The mall she worked in is still there and kickin. It'll be fun sharing a new place with them.
I need to get some more work done before we head off to bed. But I don't really know how much access I'll have to computers in the next few weeks. Hopefully we'll make it to see our families (I can definitly write from there). My hubby knows how much I love Christmas and family and is afraid the navy is going to ruin my Christmas. I told my hubby, as long as I'm not alone and I am able to give to all those I wish to give to you can't ruin my Christmas. If I don't make it back I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope you enjoy the ones you're with and thank the One who makes all things possible.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Cna't wait to have you settled in and driving north to Atlanta! Tell hubby not to stress TOO much over Christmas....being with him, its all good! :) Daddy and I will be decorating the tree alone for the first time in about 25 yrs....can you believe that??

8:00 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Be safe and enjoy your new home..sounds like you have lots of plans.
Merry Christmas!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I keep trying to sign in here, but it doesn't seem to like me! :o(

Have a wonderful Christmas!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year girl...so excited you have a new place to call home! Enjoy!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home