Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is This the Day?

I had a bit of a moment like my mom last night. It happens to all of us from time to time. But this one wasn't frightening as others could be ;) I know a lot of you keep up with her blog and you know about her Lyrics I Feel posts. I had a song pop into my head last night that resonated with me. Like everyone in my family, music is special to me. I've been accused of knowing every song, ever. The most minor things trigger songs that stick with me. But this one was really out of nowhere. It was really late, about 4am (yea, I basically stay up all night and sleep all day since I'm not doing much. But, even 4 is late for me, mom!) I was getting ready for bed. Now, remember way back to Sunday school...
This is the day
That the Lord has made.
I will rejoice
And be glad in it.

I've been really frustrated lately with this limbo I've been in. We have been "supposed to be leaving" this town "probably next month" since I got here...6 months ago. But, my husband has had a change in work. Sort of. He's in the military and was dropped from the program he was training for a few months ago. It's a really long story and basically it was a series of unfortunate events, plus he was screwed over a little. Anyway, since then, he's been trying to get into a different program. He went 2 weeks ago to interview for the new program, his first choice, and the guy there told him they'd probably have some news for him in 7-10 days. But he also told him the guy in charge at that base would have to approve it if the interview people voted to accept him. If they voted no, it would end there. Well, today is Day 14. We are taking the delay as more likely good news. But, since this song popped into my head, I though, hey, maybe "This is the Day!" I was getting kind of excited. I'm really anxious to know. I'm ready for news. Any news. I feel like we are just stagnant and I can't move forward in anything until I know what we're going to be doing and where we're going to be living in the next few months.

Unfortunatly, today was not the day. It was a little bit, I guess. He found out there was some clerical mishap on some paperwork and the new base has requested they make a couple changes. Nothing was wrong, it was just a matter of 2 offices doing things differently. At least we know why there's been a delay. But I was disappointed about my song. Then, I realized that this day too, this Day 14, is the day that the Lord has made. I was too focused on that first line of the song. I should rejoice in this day also, and be glad in it. Rejoice that we are together. Be glad that we have time to spend together.
So, whether it's big-good-news-day or just another day, we should rejoice.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song. When we went to church at Times Square in NYC, they'd sing that song and the roof would feel like it was coming off...

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Yes, baby
this is a good day...each day has its reasons to rejoice...be they small...they are there if we look close enough...

6:26 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

That's a song I hold on to very tightly. Such a profound message in a few words...we will rejoice and be glad in it. Great post!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

The Lord understands - "hope deffered makes the heart sick"....Praying that you have an answer SOON SOON SOON!! It is hard to be in limbo :)

Glad you are trying to find some joy through the process :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

cheryl is your mom?? where have I been??

Each day has a million miracles in it, we just have to look. sometimes they are not the miracles we want so we miss them.

Look hard, God loves you

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home