Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

All I want for Christmas is...uh...

I know it's been a little longer than normal, but I just haven't felt very inspired lately. Nothing has struck me as profound. We haven't done anything special. The leaves aren't changing. Football seasons continue uneventfully. We haven't seen any good movies lately. Well, we saw The Departed a couple of weeks ago. It was violent but good, I guess, in a Scorsese kind of way, and had a great cast.
We're still waiting on orders. Any day now...still...We were hoping to move before Thanksgiving, but I don't know that we'll make it. The clock is tickin, ya know. When we move back we'll be close enough to drive home. Pray for plane ticket prices to drop a little for us so maybe we can make it home anway. I haven't seen my parents since my wedding 7 months ago. That's the longest we've ever gone. And, we especially want to go now since we found out all of our friends are leaving town. If Thanksgiving doesn't work out, we are definitly making Christmas plans.
I can't wait for the holidays. I absolutly love them. I love going to the stores and seeing all the decor out. I've been checkin in out for several weeks now. Another reason I can't wait to move: so I can buy holiday decor and decorate! I still have to figure out what I'm getting everyone and what I want. See, it's tricky for me. My birthday is in less than 2 weeks. I have to come up with all my presents all at once. I usually don't know what I want. I'm not a snooper and I like to be surprised. I don't like making a registry for my gifts. I like picking out gifts for others without them being specifically dictated. I like being creative and using what I know about a person to select a gift and I want the same from others. My family can be difficult though. The girls are pretty easy. The guys are tough. I think I'm easy to shop for, but I've been told otherwise ;)
I guess all I want for Christmas is to move and settle in, go home and see my family. What are you asking for this year?

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Aww girl, it must be hard being away from family for so long. I do hope those ticket prices drop and everything falls into place. Lord I pray that you would bless Bek and her family as we head into the holiday season. I pray for their wishes to see family and to move will be guided by Your wisdom. Amen. I don't really know what I want for Christmas. I just know I need to stay warm!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I can't wait to see you! The Navy had better hurry up with those orders! You'll probably get them the week of Thanksgiving, you know??
You are 2 hard to buy for!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I am with ya girl - all I want is for airfare to drop so my sis can come home - we haven't seen her since her wedding either - whhhhhaaaaa!!!

Praying God brings you peace and directions - and provision to be with fam at the holidays :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

i hear ya about presants all at once! my bday is dec. 21st, so i have to do the same thing!!! and i like BOTH kinds of gifts. i love when i get the exact thing i asked for and i love when i get a fun unique surprise!!! this was a fun post, i too am getting antsy and excited about the holidays.....all i want for christmas, i don't know, too personal i think....:) blessings....

1:01 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

It seems like the holidays just sort of sneak up on me every year, and suddenly, SURPRISE! there they are!

Praying you'll make it home for the holidays. I've lived away from my family all 17+ years of marriage. So my heart goes out to you! I haven't seen my family since January...ugh.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home