Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

"Thankfully, people keep coming back to the beach,
and to that matter, to love, for this lesson:
Sometimes it is best to let your walls get knocked down
and lose your most cherished constructs
and be fully swept away."
--How to Live at the Beach, Sandy Gingras
5 years ago I read this quote in a book my mother brought home and it changed my life. I had been afraid to let myself be swept away and afraid to admit I was in love, to my own detriment. I had lost many friends in my life, simply due to geography and was afraid of it happening again. As a result, I had built up many walls. I am so happy I finally let myself be fully swept away.
Hope you're loving, and allowing yourself to be loved whole-heartedly today!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I love that book..I love that quote...i love you!...:)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I can relate to this so well. We've moved several times since we've been married. I got tired of saying goodbye to friends, so began putting up walls...keeping people at a distance so it wouldn't hurt so much when I had to say goodbye. But, my husband reminded me that it hurts worse to never love, than to love and have to say goodbye. I now have some really dear friends in several locations.

Thanks for the beautiful quote!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

i am allowing myself to be loved! thanks for the reminder. i want to allow myself every day, to my earthly and heavenly valentine!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Allowing yourself to be loved is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It's also one of the hardest things to do. It's great to be swept away! I know I am!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home