Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wedding weekend #1

I'm going to go ahead with the timeline and see how far blogger will let me go with the pictures.
Thursday, September 14: DH and I flew into Jax. We stayed the night with his parents and had a lovely visit.
Friday, September 15: DH and I make the 2 hour drive to his college town where we are staying with friends for the weekend. After showering and cleaning up, we head down another 45 minutes south to the city where wedding #1 will be. DH and the friend we stayed with are both in the wedding and we had to pick their tuxedos up before rehearsal. We had a lovely, but somewhat lengthy rehearsal and went on to dinner. After dinner, we drove 45 minutes back to the city we were staying in and went out for a bachelor/bachelorette party/reunion. We got home really late and I ended up sitting up all night chatting with 2 girls who were staying with us. I went to high school with both of them and hadn't seen them in a while.

Saturday, September 16: I wake up about 9am and haul it 2 hours to a bridal shower for wedding #2. The shower only lasts about 2 and 1/2 hours, but she's a very dear friend. I turn right around and haul it back the 2 hours to where we're staying to get ready for wedding #1. We make it just in time for the wedding to start (remember it's 45 minutes away!) It was a beautiful wedding at an equestrian club in horse country of central Florida (isn't it beautiful?!) The groom is a dear friend of my hubby and he was in our wedding. He's a military man. The bride is Korean and about 10 years older than us. Her family made the trip and were just adorable. It was still a very "American" wedding. Since he's in the military and she's not exactly familiar, I think his mother did a lot of the planning. She's a very proper southern woman. She was so cute! His father is a "good ole boy." Seriously! He's in the social club. Things were quite traditional for the most part. The bride's father had past away years ago, so she danced with his father, which I thought was nice. A little later in the evening, the groom danced with her mother to even things out. Also, halfway through the reception, they changed into traditional Korean garb. Very festive and very fun.

Sunday, September 17: DH and I got up, once again, and drove back up to Jax. We met up for lunch with my family. My aunt happened to be in town from SC and my grandmother happened to be in from Atlanta. We got together at my sister's new place with them and my other aunt and her family. Little family reunion (those of you who check in the Jada's Gigi, aka, my mom, and with T Texas Red, my aunt, are familiar with our family). I got to see not only the extended family, but we got to play with little Jada herself. She's so big! We went on to have dinner with my hubby's family.

Monday, September 18: We had a lovely morning of sleeping in! I went that afternoon to get my hair cut off! I had to do a rehighlighting after I tried to touch up my roots myself. oops! Anyway, I love my new hairdo. Then, I took my hubby to the airport and sent him home to TX. He couldn't take enough leave to say the whole time with me.

Ok, blogger won't let me post more pictures, so I will be sure to post a pic of the bride and groom, and before and after pics of my hair (believe me, it's drastic!), and fill you all in on the next week! It was a long trip...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

What a great post! It was fun hearing about your great weekend...

My girl's would be so jealous of the location of Wedding #1...they just love HORSES!!! The wedding sounds fab - and I loved two things - hearing that the Bride danced with her new "DAD"...especially since my Dad is no longer with us....and the fact that they changed into Korean garb - how coolio!!!

Oh, and I am so glad you got to visit your Mom - I love visiting her site - and remeber how fun it was to read her posts about your wedding - and how proud and excited she was for her beautiful daughter :) And it is fun hearing about your new life too :)

Blessings!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Wow the wedding site was gorgeous! and right at sunset it appears. Hasung (sp?) looks gorgeous! So nice that they incorporated the Korean garb. How nice and fun and different...I liked that they danced with each others parents too..

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home