Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Go Away Paris Hilton!

I know it isn't just me, but I can't stand this girl. I've never been a fan. She hasn't done anything for me to be a fan of! I hate that she's famous. I hate that the media wastes time telling us what club she went to last night. I hate that she has added herself to the list of celebrities who should not have attempted a music career (did you know she had to start her own record label just to get it produced? How lame is that?!) I part of me wants to meet her just to I can tell her off. That's not very "Christian" of me, and I know I'd never do it.
In some small way I do pity her. Will she ever be able to trust anyone? Will she ever have a genuine relationship? Will she ever have the satisfaction of earning something? She's pretty pathetic, in that light. I feel sorry for her that her sex tape was leaked out, but she does really put herself out there.
Ultimately, I am tired of seeing her all over everything... TV, magazines, and now, she's invaded the radio! And apparently, I am am not alone. She has actually made it in the Guiness Book of World Records are the most overexposed star. I took a poll on www.tmz.com, and apparently 88% of the +11,000 people who voted said they wouldn't miss her if she dropped out of the spotlight. They also had a link to this song, Go Away Paris Hilton by a band who also named themselves after her, "The OK Go Away Paris Hilton Apparatus." I got a kick out of it. I hope you do too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Kat,
This post gave me a good laugh, as I totally agree. Being rich doesn't make one a good singer, for sure!

Thanks for posting on my blog. It's great to "meet" other bloggers!

God bless!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Hate is apretty strong word but yeah, I'm certainly sick of hearing about her and her exploits..if you can call them that...:)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

All I know is that she had some kind of a tape and it was viewed by someone...don't know the whole story....never followed the story...when I see her on the TV, I change the channel or fast forward (we record everything because we don't like watching commercials)...

Anyway --I said all that to say that I know very little about her. I hope she looks in the right places and finds peace in this lifetime.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I don't hate her - but I have NEVER understood the fasination that people have with her - just because she is wealthy??

P.S. I am Kat's sis, and have enjoyed your mom's blog TONS too :) Nice to meet ya! Blessings!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Bek,
Is my face red! Sorry about the name change I gave you!

I love the new post, too.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

Her ignorance makes me laugh! The poor girl just doesn't have a clue.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home