Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Year Already!

It's been a whole year since I got married. Our first anniversary is on Sunday. We haven't had a honeymoon yet, but we were determined to do something for our anniversary. We're hitting the road tomorrow...Disney World (where we got engaged--not the same spot, but it's still a nice idea) and The Lion King on Broadway. I saw the Lion King it's first year on stage in New York. I was a bit of a theatre junky in high school and it was the first Broadway show I ever saw and it's absolutly incredible! It's still the best, some 10-12 shows later. It's gone on tour now and is going to be within driving distance, so we're there! Besides, we met doing drama together after school in high school in the city we're going to see the play, so, once again, it's appropriate. Another bonus, my hubby finished this leg of training on Monday! We won't know about the enxt part until the 13th, so it's a perfect time to take a little leave. And finally, we got our money from the military for our last move last week. The only part of our trip we're going to have on a credit card is our theatre tickets, which we bought almost 2 months ago! We're going to be staying in nice hotels for 3 nights, eating out, and going to Disney. Not too shabby, I'd say. Thanks, Lord, for letting things work out so nicely for us!
I promise to write more about my thoughts on my SUPER fun wedding, my marriage and our trip next week. I do have a bit to do still, though, to get ready to hit the road. Enjoy your weekend, but good luck enjoying it as much as I will!


PS~ On a much more somber note, my friend, Shannon's father died last week in a motorcycle accident. She's my age and I just can't imagine what it must be like to lose a parent, much less so suddenly and tragically. This is the second friend I've had lose her father to a sudden, tragic motorcycle accident. Please keep Shannon and her family in your prayers as they grieve. Thank you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like you are going to have a BLAST!!! I will keep Shannon and her family in my prayers.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

You're gonna have SO much fun!! I'm jealous!! Love you guys SO much...I'll be praying for Shannon...how awful!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Happy anniversary - doesn't time fly when your having fun!?
I enjoy reading your posts, your always very insightful - I check for them often!
My deepest sympathy for Shannon and her family - my prayer certainly go out for them.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary! Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time celebrating.

Will keep your friend and her family in prayer.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home