Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Labor Day...aka...fun and no work for no particular reason day!

Tomorrow's the big day! Mom and Dad are finally coming to visit for the first time since I got married! They are actually getting on a plane, taking days off from work, and have nothing to do once they get here except hang out! I don't know if you realize how big a deal this is. I've been married about a year and a half now. We spent 5 months a 5-hour drive away, and things kept coming up to where they never made it down. This is a very rare occasion. The stars have alligned! First of all, flying is not cheap, and I can't blame them for not travelling by plane very often. I! don't either! Secondly, historically, my dad has worked on commission, so taking a day off can cost ya big time. Luckily, he is in a job now that is more family-friendly in that he is salary+. He is taking 3 days and my mom is taking 2. Thirdly, many of our travels when I was young were dictated by work. My father was a minister and we often times travelled to visit other churches, or church people. My parents didn't get many vacations. They were "working" vacations. But, no work this time! We're going to see the sights, eat out, go shopping, and just hang out together.
I'm glad we're taking advantage. Who knows where I'll be this time next year. I could be (and hopefully will be) on the other side of the world! It's getting harder and harder for us to spend time with all the people we want to see as we all get more involved in our own lives as adults.
So, in case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited. I'm sure she and/or I will have some pictures up in the next week or so. I hope you all get to spend some time with people you love this holiday weekend. Now, I've got to go clean my room!

5 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Fantasia said...

That's wonderful, I hope you all have a great visit !:)
Deborah

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Hey bek,its great to be here! luv ya!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Enjoy your visit with each other and makes lots of memories!!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

How fun! I can't wait to hear all the details!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Yippee! How'd it go?

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home