Bek's lab

"Sometimes it's best to get your walls knocked down, lose your most cherished constructs, and be fully swept away." --How to Live at the Beach, by Sandy Gingras

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kailua, HI, United States

I'm a stay-at-home momma to 2 little ones, military spouse, and distributor for Young Living, cooking up new DIY recipes for house and home.

Friday, August 11, 2006

I waste my life on TV!

I really watch WAY too much TV, and I'm sure many posts to follow will have to do with things I see. It's how I retain information really. My best learning style is a combination of auditory and visual information. Therefore, TV is the perfect teacher for me. I don't waste it all on useless things. I watch my share of the History channel, the Travel channel, and Food Network (boy, do I LOVE food network!) I keep up, usually, with the news too. I just enjoy TV and I'm not afraid to admit it! I pride myself on knowing what movies are coming out, TV schedules, which celeb is pregnant and who's dating who. My hubby and I were watching the World Series of Pop Culture on VH-1 the other day, and we kicked butt! I have become a wealth of random information, mostly due to TV. My husband says I could write a "Did You Know?" book with all the randomness in my head. When put on the spot, though, I can never think of a good one. It has to be stimulated. I will try to comment on others with my Did-you-knows.
What leads me down this path now is a commercial I just saw. It's a new cingular commercial with a mother and daughter. It sounds like they are fighting, but the words they are using are so agreeable. Cingular boasts, they are "changing the conversation about cell phones." It's really very funny. Once in a while, something very clever shows up amidst the plethera of commercials taking up our time. With my apparent expertise, I just thought this was something new and different.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

You are full of trivia, that's for sure..:)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home